Are you ready? It’s just about to begin . . .
Here’s a checklist of things you should have done or might still need to do in order to be ready, followed in parentheses by a post you can reference for more information. Of course, even if you get started a bit late, never fear — this is going to move slowly enough that you can easily catch up if you’re getting a late start. And always remember — if you have ANY questions at all, don’t hesitate to contact me.
Hazel’s Diary Checklist
* Chosen a size option for the quilt you’ll be making. (The 1951 Quilt)
* Picked out your fabrics. (Choosing Fabrics)
* Downloaded and filled in your Swatch Sheet. (Fabrics You’ll Need)
* Gotten all your tools together and ready. (Tools You’ll Need)
* Tested your 1/4″ seam. (Testing Your 1/4-inch Seam)
* Know how to use your rotary cutting system. (Rotary Cutting)
* Posted your fabric pictures to the Flickr Group. (This is optional, but I’m sure we’d all love to see your fabric!)
* Let me know you’re participating, so I can put your name and/or blog in the sidebar. If you have already let me know, and you don’t see your name in the list, let me know again, just so I don’t miss anyone.
* Also, if you’re just starting out, like my daughter, and have never made a quilt before at all, you’ll need some basic sewing supplies. Up till now, I’ve been assuming that you all just have these things, but then I realized that Wessal doesn’t even know how to thread the sewing machine, and won’t even have the basics, so I’ll go over them here. These include: straight pins (and a pincushion), scissors for cutting fabric, a fabric marking pen or pencil, a seam ripper, and an iron and ironing board or mat.
I think that’s it! I’m getting more excited every day. This is going to be fun. I’m glad you’re all here and ready to Quilt Along!